Friday, June 20, 2014

The Latin Quarter

Got out of work early today and headed over to the Latin quarter. I stopped by a cute little store called, The Abbey Bookshop. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but that shop was jam packed with books. There were so many piles of book all densely packed next to each other; it felt as if the walls of the shop were built with books! I only stayed in for about 10 minutes, since it was tough to maneuver through the narrow aisles and the selection of books was a bit overwhelming, but planning to go back sometime! 

An old edition of one of my favorites! 



















Then afterwards, I headed to the closest crepe stand to pick up a savory crepe, also known as a galette. I started talking to some other people from Boston while I was in line! They were from Lasell College and they were fashion design students here on a program to help out with Mercedes-Benz fashion week, next week in Paris (I almost died when they told me that...haha). One I had my crepe I just strolled around the area, past the restaurants and bars, until I was finished and then headed back to my dorm to work on my paper and watch the France v. Switzerland football (soccer) match..... which ended with a French 5-2 victory!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment