Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Home Cooked Meal and A Taste of a Foodie's World


Well the big boss lady finally left for New York on Monday, so it was a bit hectic at the office in the morning, but things slowed down in the afternoon. After work, I headed over to where a couple girls on the trip live with their host family, in the 16th Arr. Their host mother was kind enough to have had invited me and another girl from the dorms to dine with them! I wish i had gotten a picture of the whole meal! We have these little tartines with melted goat cheese and honey on top with salad for our appetizer. For our main course we had this potato dish with cheese and tofu. It was delicious. And for dessert she prepared single serving cups of yogurt with fresh berries and peaches layered in between.  That home cooked meal hit the spot! 
Chevre Chaud- Our Appetizer

The view from the Metro on the way back to the dorms


The next night, after the internship workshop and literature class, I went to dinner with a few girls. We went to Neva Cuisine, located in the 8th Arr, which turned out to be a highly rated/reviewed/ raved about restaurant. The prices certainly showed for it, but the presentation and the taste did as well. Before we got or appetizers, we were given these little glass of creme fraiche, sliced beats, crouton and seasoning. It was so light but rich in flavor: the perfect thing to tease one's appetite! For appetizers, I ordered white asparagus, which was serving in a steaming hot stone bowl with spring onions, shavings of lettuce, cured ham, cherries, and flower petals! 

And for the main course, I ordered Ris de Veau. Now, I must have been very tired, in fact, I know I was very tired, because little did I know that after placing my order, I was going to be served a calf's brain... I'll let you think about that for a minute. I certainly did. I received it and just thought it was some sort of chicken or beef. It was delicious, but the texture was a bit different. 



No comments:

Post a Comment